About the Program
NSP Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021-22 is an initiative for students of Class 11 to the postgraduate level. The scholarship aims to help students with disabilities to pursue further education so that they could earn their livelihood and find a dignified place for themselves in society.
To be eligible, the applicant must –
- Have passed matriculation or higher secondary or any higher exam of a recognized Board of Secondary Education or University
- Have more than 40% disability certified by the competent authority
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 2.50 lakh
- Be pursuing post-secondary (class 11 to postgraduate level) courses in recognized institutions
- Employed students whose income does not exceed that of the scholarship amount can apply for this post-matric scholarship. Students pursuing their courses by correspondence are also eligible.
- 50% of scholarships are reserved for female candidates.
The selected scholars will receive –
- Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1,600 per month (hostellers) and up to INR 750 per month (day scholars).
- Disability allowance of up to INR 4,000 per annum.
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees of up to INR 1.50 lakh per annum excluding the refundable deposits like security deposit and caution money.
- Book allowance of INR 1,500 per annum.
- Applicant’s photograph
- Age proof
- Certificate of disability
- Income certificate of the parent issued by a competent authority
- Tuition fees receipt
- Last academic qualification certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Post Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
The selection of the candidates will be based on the following criteria –
- Percentage of marks obtained in the last qualifying examination
- Fulfillment of eligibility conditions
- Number of scholarship slots available to the state
- Percentage of disability will be taken into consideration if there is a tie for the percentage of marks
- State education department recommendation
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject are not eligible.
- The scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircrafts Maintenance Engineer’s course and private pilot license course.
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India