About the Program
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles 2021-22 is an initiative for the dependent widows and wards of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles personnel. The candidate will receive up to INR 3,000 every month under this scheme.
1. Background Requirements
An applicant must:
- Be a ward or widow of a deceased CAPF and AR personnel who died in harness at work/election duty, OR
- Be award of personnel who became disabled due to causes attributable to Government service, OR
- Be award of Ex-CAPF & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry awards, OR
- Be a ward or widow of a retired and serving CAPF & AR personnel (below officer rank)
2. Qualification Requirements
The applicant must:
- Be pursuing first professional degree courses in the field of Engineering/Medicine/Dental/Veterinary/BBA/BCA/B.Pharm/B.Sc. (Nursing, Agriculture, etc)/MBA/MCA, etc.
- Have secured 60% marks in the qualifying exam i.e Class 12, diploma, Graduation or equivalent
The candidates will receive scholarships in the following ways –
- For Girls – INR 3,000 per month
- For Boys – INR 2,500 per month
Following documents are required:
- Service certificate to be issued by H.O.O. in case of serving personnel
- Scanned copy of the mark sheet of MEQ (Minimum Entry Qualification) i.e Class 12, Diploma, Graduation, or equivalent
- PPO or Discharge certificate (mandatory for category A to F)
- Disability certificate (mandatory for category B and D)
- Death certificate (mandatory for category A and C)
- Certificate of Gallantry award (Mandatory for category E)
Note: Refer to the important links to know about the categories.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps.
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by them in MEQ and the order of preference set by WARB.
Terms and Conditions
- To ensure the renewal of the scholarship for subsequent years, the students need to pass the professional course with at least 50% marks.
- The scholarship can be tenable for up to 5 years depending upon the duration of the course pursued by the applicant.
- The selected students will also receive a personal letter from the Honourable Prime Minister.
- The students admitted in the second year of professional/technical bachelor’s degree courses through lateral entry can also apply for the scholarship.
- The selected scholars will receive the scholarship amount directly into their bank accounts through the PFMS (Public Finance Management System) under the DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) programme.
Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India