About the Program
NSP Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS (Minorities) 2021-22 is an initiative for minority community students who are pursuing technical or professional courses at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. The scholarship aims at providing suitable financial assistance to meritorious and underprivileged students belonging to minority communities so as to enable them to pursue technical and professional courses.
To be eligible, an applicant must –
- Belong to Minority communities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Parsis/Zoroastrians)
- Be pursuing a technical or professional course at the undergraduate or postgraduate level from a recognized institution
- Have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 2.50 lakh from all the sources
- Have scored at least 50% in class 12 or graduation (in case of direct admission) or get admission on the basis of the competitive entrance examination
- Course Fee (for Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 20,000 per annum or actual, whichever is less
- Maintenance Allowance for Hostellers: INR 1,000 per month for 10 months in an academic year
- Maintenance Allowance for Day Scholars: INR 500 per month for 10 months in an academic year
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Self Declaration of minority community certificate by the student
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Income certificate issued by designated state/UT authority
- Proof of bank account in the name of the student or joint account with mother/father
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
The selection of the candidates will be based on their academic merit and financial means.
Terms and Conditions
- 30% of scholarships are earmarked for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT that can be transferred to male students in case of non-availability of female students.
- The full course fee will be reimbursed for 85 listed candidates.
- The continuance of the award is subject to the candidate’s securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination.
- The award shall discontinue if the student fails to secure 50% marks in the previous examination.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students of a family.
- Having regular attendance is required.
- Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
- Phone: 0120-6619540
- Email: email@example.com