The materials which we are used for building any structure is called Construction material. Now-a-days, it is need to deal with tradition construction materials as well as advanced construction material.
Following are the examples of various types of construction material:
- Artificial sand
- Precast concrete products
- Particle board
- Artificial Material
- Geo-synthetic material
- Recycled material
- Plaster of paris (POP)
- Wall cladding
Selection of Construction Material:
- One of the most challenging task of an engineer is the proper selection of the material for a particular job of a construction work.
- Selection of construction materials depends upon the basis of load taking capacity, serviceability,aesthetically pleasing,economy,environmental friendly etc.
Factors affecting Construction Material:
The factors which affects construction material are as follows:
- Prescribed Load
- Aesthetically pleasing
Application of Various Construction Material:
- The bituminous materials and asphaltic materials and their various composites are commonly used to make the flexible pavement of road.
- Steel is more tensile and have a excellent impact strength, hence it is used to make the rails of railway track in railway construction.
- We use the material like sand for filtration.
- We use Cement Concrete pipes in sanitary system.
- We use the various types of materials like cement, concrete, cement mortar, steel, bricks to construct the dam, canal, reservoir, etc.
- We use the advanced type of material such as geo-membrane to reduce the soil erosion.
- We use various advanced construction materials like geo-textiles, geo-net in abutment of the bridges so as to increase its stability.
- We use the cement concrete in constructing highways.
Interested in learning about similar topics? Here are a few hand-picked blogs for you!